Bette Plog Information Technology Scholarship
The Bette Plog Information Technology Scholarship was established to honor Dr. Bette Plog, a valued and respected college faculty member at the El Centro Campus for 41 years. During her tenure, Dr. Plog served in a number of faculty leadership positions including program coordinator for the Computer Information Technology (CIT) and Internet Development Technologies (IDT) programs, chair of the District CIT curriculum committee and ECC Faculty Association President. She also held the distinction of being a Minnie Stevens Piper State Professor. Honoring her legacy of service to the El Centro Campus and its students, the funds from this scholarship will be awarded to deserving El Centro students who have declared a major in a CIT or IDT program.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Major in Computer Information Technology
- Must be a student attending the El Centro Campus during the period of the award.
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours in CIT or IDT at Dallas College prior to period of award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours in CIT or IDT for period of award
- Must answer the supplemental question –
What assistance will this scholarship provide you and what are your career goals?
To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.