Dr. Linda Jean Long Endowed Scholarship
The Dr. Linda Jean Long Endowed Scholarship was established by the North Lake Campus Speech Club to honor Dr. Long’s dedication to the development and sustainability of the North Lake Campus Forensics Program since 1978. The scholarship is awarded to students who have shown a strong commitment to improving their skills in speech communication through forensic involvement and/or through active participation in the North Lake Campus Speech Club.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a student attending the North Lake Campus during the period of the award
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must provide evidence of the following:
Option 1: Provide evidence of sustained forensic involvement, have a letter of support from your former Speech Coach (counts for one of the letters required in the Application Process).
Option 2: Provide evidence of service learning involvement, have a letter of support from the Volunteer Coordinator of the non-profit agency for which you served (counts for one of the letters required in the Application Process).
- Must be a current member of the NLC Forensics Team and /or Speech Club
- Must demonstrate academic excellence.
- Must include two recommendations from a Dallas College faculty or staff member
- Recipient must serve as a positive role model for others.
- Recipient must sign all travel agreements required to compete on the NLC Forensics Team.
- Recipient must compete in a minimum of two Swing Speech Tournaments per semester.
- * To qualify for this scholarship you must be enrolled in the required hours by the application deadline.*
- 06-North Lake Campus, Speech
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a current member of the NLC Forensics Team and /or Speech Club?
- What has been your experience in Service Learning or competitive forensics?
- Explain your communication skills in a manner that will help you achieve your professional career goals.
- Describe why you deserve this scholarship.
- Provide names and email addresses for two recommendations from a counselor, principal, teacher, or faculty member.
- Provide name and email address for 1st recommendation.
- Provide name and email address for 2nd recommendation.