Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship - Dance Merit
The Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship was established by the Brookhaven Campus along with her family and friends to assist students attending the Brookhaven Campus with tuition, book and fees. Teruko Sampson was a dance student at the Brookhaven Campus until her sudden death in 1990. This scholarship is available to students who demonstrate a strong commitment to and enrolled in dance courses with a declared major in Dance. This scholarship will benefit students who are passionate about all genres of dance and embodies the physical and athletic aptitude for choreography and interdisciplinary dance expression. The Teruko Sampson Memorial Scholarship-Dance Merit is a competitive dance merit award based on demonstrated experience and the potential for subsequent development as evidenced by a digital dance portfolio.
- Must be a Dallas College student attending the Brookhaven Campus with a 3.0 GPA during the period of the award.
- Must be a declared Dance major enrolled in Dance class(es) for the duration of the scholarship that culminates with the awarding of an Associate of Arts degree
- Must have completed a minimum of 5 credit hours in Dance
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from a Dance faculty or staff member
- Must submit a curriculum vita (remove identifying information from CV to ensure anonymity/fairness)
- Must submit digital performance upload
- Must answer the following supplemental question in 250-500 words:
Please share your statement of purpose and educational goals and include how you plan to integrate dance to develop and strengthen your overall career goal.
Submit a file upload featuring an accumulation of five-minutes of dance performance.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, Dance
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a Dance major or have a declared interest in Dance?
- Submit a curriculum vita (please remove all identifying information to ensure anonymity and fairness).
- Share your statement of purpose and educational goals and include how you plan to integrate dance to develop and strengthen your overall career goal.
- Please provide a URL link to an audition video file of your performance.
- Provide names and email addresses for two letters of recommendation from Dance faculty members.
- Provide name and email address for 1st recommendation.
- Provide name and email address for 2nd recommendation.