Ruben E. Esquivel Scholarship
The Ruben E. Esquivel Scholarship was established in 2017 by the DCCCD Foundation Board in honor of Mr. Esquivel for his 26 years of service on the DCCCD Foundation Board and 20 years as board secretary. As Vice President for Community & Corporate Relations at UT Southwestern Medical Center, Mr. Esquivel is a strong supporter of the medical field and especially individuals pursuing a degree in nursing.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support to students who have been accepted into the nursing program at one of the DCCCD Colleges (Brookhaven, El Centro, North Lake, and Mountain View). As a result, the Ruben E. Esquivel Scholarship would provide $2,000 per semester for up to two consecutive semesters, beginning fall 2018 through spring 2019. Funds not used for tuition will be disbursed to the student’s account to be used to purchase books or cover other costs related to the nursing program.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Major in Nursing
- Must be a Brookhaven, El Centro, Mountain View, or North Lake College student
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 8 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must upload a copy of your acceptance letter from the Allied Health Professions/Occupations Office. Please contact the Allied Health Professions/Occupations Office at your college to request an acceptance letter.
- Must answer the supplemental questions –
Are you a Nursing major?
Why do you want to be a nurse
How is obtaining this scholarship beneficial to you?
What are your goals as a medical professional?
How will you give back to the community?
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.