Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association Scholarship
The Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association Scholarship was established by the Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association to support North Lake College students that are pursuing a mortgage banking degree.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Major in Mortgage Banking
- Must be a North Lake College student
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must not currently be receiving any financial aid for tuition or books
- Must provide proof of admission or eligibility for admission to an accredited educational institution of the United States
- Must have a Mortgage Banking Degree Plan on file at North Lake College upon acceptance of this scholarship. A change of major will void further payments under this scholarship
- Must maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA in all other college classes taken or used toward their Mortgage Banking Associate Degree at North Lake College or for other core classes taken at any of the Dallas County Community Colleges.
- Must be willing to begin the Mortgage Banking Applied Science Associates Degree program
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the period of the award
- Must answer the supplemental question –
Explain in your own words your interest in higher education and a career in the mortgage banking industry and how homeownership is important to the Nation.
- Must include two recommendations from a DCCCD faculty or staff member, counselor of employer
- Recipient must complete all classes in which they are enrolled
- Recipient must take and complete at least two required or elective mortgage banking courses per semester or the scholarship funding will lapse and funds will be available to other students under the Texas Mortgage Bankers scholarship
- Recipient must authorize the release of their North Lake College information on grades and course completion to the Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association, and authorize the Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association to publicize the acceptance of the scholarship
- Recipient is invited to attend the Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association’s monthly meeting during the semester they receive the award to be recognized.
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring and summer scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
- North Lake College
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain in your own words your interest in higher education and a career in the mortgage banking industry and how home ownership is important to the Nation.
- Provide names and email addresses for two recommendations from a counselor, principal, teacher, or faculty member.
- Provide name and email address for 1st recommendation.
- Provide name and email address for 2nd recommendation.