Lareese Ratcliff Memorial Scholarship
The Lareese Ratcliff Memorial Scholarship was established in 2009 by adjunct professor and federal agent, Vincent F. Ratcliff in honor of his father, Lareese Ratcliff. Mr. Lareese Ratcliff dedicated his life to mentoring young men and to helping others; accordingly, this scholarship is designed to continue his legacy of encouraging and helping others live up to their potential. This scholarship is a merit/need-based scholarship which is designed to target African-American male students interested in a career in federal law enforcement and/or accounting. As an added benefit the scholarship founder Vincent F. Ratcliff will provide his services to mentor the scholarship recipients by sharing academic and career insights to help prepare the recipient for a successful career in federal law enforcement. The recipient must make time available and actively participate in the mentoring program throughout the duration of this scholarship as a condition for continued financial support. Preference is given to African-American male students of the Oak Cliff community of Dallas County, Texas.
- Must be a Dallas College student attending either Brookhaven College, Cedar Valley College, Eastfield College, El Centro College, Mountain View College, North Lake College or Richland Campus
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours for period of award (3 credit hours for Summer)
- Must be pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice or Accounting
- Scholarship is open to all students, however preference will be given to African-American males who reside in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas County, TX so long as such preference does not significantly detract from
Dallas College’s nondiscriminatory policies
- Must demonstrate exemplary character and behavior within the Dallas College community, as well as the DFW community
- Recipient must participate in mentoring program
- Brookhaven Campus, Cedar Valley Campus, Eastfield Campus, El CentroCampus College, Mountain View Campus, North Lake Campus, Richland Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe how your career goals will better equip you to serve the community
- Are you an Accounting or Criminal Justice major?