Minnie K. Patton Scholarship
The Minnie K. Patton Scholarship was established in 1985 by Minnie Patton, one of seven children who grew up impoverished in Oklahoma and could not afford formal education. When she married James Patton, a Dallas oilman, she established this scholarship to ensure that others would not be denied an educational opportunity because of financial barriers.
- Must be a Dallas College student attending full-time.
- Applicant and/or applicant’s spouse must not be employed by Bank of America, Bank of America Corporation or any of its subsidiaries.
- Must have financial need.
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1st.
- Must include one recommendation from a Dallas College faculty or staff member
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.*
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- 01-Brookhaven Campus, 02-Cedar Valley Campus, 03-Eastfield Campus, 04-El Centro Campus, 05-Mountain View Campus, 06-North Lake Campus, 07-Richland Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you or your spouse employed by Bank of America, Bank of America Corporation or any of its subsidiaries?
- Provide name and email address for a recommendation from a faculty or staff member.